Friday, May 30, 2014

LVT + Carpet

I can only guess that every time you look at this blog you see LVT (luxury vinyl tile) this and LVP (luxury vinyl plank) that, honestly it is because we LOVE the stuff so we sell it.  The durability and the clean-ability... but we wont go into that just yet.
This job was fun because I got to help install.  When I mean help, I can help explain the process because I know those boys make it look WAY easier than it would be if say I was going to install it on my own.  
Before starting the job I got to sort 'patterns' in the flooring.  Because these are not a natural stone, There is a pattern repeat (of about 8) patterns.

The installer (who just so happened to be my father) had prepared the floor with self level to make the floor... Level.  After that dried, we went back and started setting out the pattern that we want and from there started to apply the glue.

The glue is applied with a trowel.

 Because this floor was to be grouted, we continued to lat it out with spacers and glued the LVT to the concrete.

The LVT is pretty neat because you don't need a saw to cut it.  LVT only needs to be scored with a utility blade then broken.  

The Grout used is a non-stain able polyurethane grout... it is applied here (Drying a bit before we scrub it off).

I didn't get to be there for the final reveal, but I am looking into going back to get pictures of the carpet we installed and the final reveal of the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. The best values that I have found on carpets have always been at second hand stores. There is something about a used carpet that makes it very cheap. This is the kind of deal that I always look for. When I find one I am just excited.

    http://www.bestvaluecarpet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The use of LVT with the carpet is much an intellectual step towards a modern era of carpeting.Many of the modern hotel carpet suppliers should use the same for making their money worth which they spend on their special interiors.

    ReplyDelete