Friday, May 30, 2014

A little moreT... on a DIAMOND!

In the hopes of not forever repeating myself I would like to just take a few moments to stress on preparing your floor.  I can only relate it to preparing your walls for paint, there are few people who actually enjoy doing it but it is a necessity to make your paint last or in this case your flooring.
Hard surface needs a perfect floor (for the most part but we wont go into that right now) it contours to every bump, crack, etc. This is because there isn't a padding or a forgiveness layer to make spots that may seem small a bigger problem.  (< I may have to post something about that!)
When installing this floor, we had to spread a patch over the wood so that all the spots that were low would be filled in and the high spots would be noticed and taken care of.

Also we installed the baseboards under the LVT. 
(Usually with hard surface you install the flooring under the baseboards.  It can be done other ways but this way is how we prefer to do it.)







 We did the same to the entry way.




 After allowing the patch to dry, we started the install. The angle that the flooring is put is for the carpet that will be installed and it gives it a pleasant flow and not an abrupt stop.  


 As we installed we taped.  This was a large area and we did not want to have to worry about anything slipping while we were working.



We also used a roller to make sure that all parts of the LVT were in contact with the adhesive. 

This is the floor primarily finished.  Still needing to get back to see what the flooring looks like with the carpet.  But notice that we did not grout and we did the LVT on a diamond.



4 comments:

  1. Laying carpet is a lot of work. I wish I had kept my carpets cleaner. Then they would have lasted longer.
    http://www.aonesteamagic.com/en/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pipe burst in my bathroom sink and it flooded my carpeted hallway. I wasn't able to get to the flood fast enough and had to replace all the carpet in the hallway. I hope I never have flooded carpet ever again.

    http://www.creativecarpetinc.com/services/carpeting-services.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flooring looks good but it is a lots of hardwork if you do it by yourself. It is better to get professional help. After carpeting it will surely look better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello � I must say, I’m impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and information was very easy to access. I found what I wanted in no time at all. Pretty awesome. Would appreciate it if you add forums or something, it would be a perfect way for your clients to interact. Great job have a peek at this site

    ReplyDelete